Apoctalyptic Station 13

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

IDWMno's space station 13 server's forum!!

4 posters

Engine is glitchy as fuck.

RussianLord
    RussianLord

Engine is glitchy as fuck. Empty Engine is glitchy as fuck.

Post  RussianLord Thu Apr 05, 2012 6:22 am

Just a little heads up that the engine is still glitchy as fuck and I have been through 5 rounds of trying to get it to work and it refusing to accept an input. Many plays agree with me on this. That is all.
    Engine is glitchy as fuck. Seal_o10
    Corn With Sombrero
    Corn With Sombrero

Engine is glitchy as fuck. Empty Re: Engine is glitchy as fuck.

Post  Corn With Sombrero Thu Apr 05, 2012 9:55 am

Hate to say this, but...

YOU DON'T SAY?

No, seriously, when we all started playing SS13 we were aware of the laggy and unstable as diarrhea infested cat turds with furballs stuck on them engine, and complaining didn't seem to do anything (it's just impossible to unfuck BYOND, it's a fact...)and i acctualy saw a few poor guys who got banned for it. Yep, banned for complaining. But i also guess that one part of the SS13 charm is the jackshit incapable engine, yet so "robust" engine. In fact, look at it this way : if it was Java-based, one tile on the station would require a minimum 4 bytes of RAM to properly "work". Now multiply that a few x1000 times, and add in explosions, frames that need to be drawn in less than 27 milliseconds, atmosphere readouts, the whole damn pipeline system, and some 30-40 laggy as shit players. So, if you look at it from one direction, the engine is useless for a large-scale MP game, but from another point of view, it's an extremely sturdy engine that can cope with something you can barely say it was designed for. So, we must not praise BYOND, as it is not our beutiful CryEngine 3 eyes galore engine, it is our sturdy work and warhorse, that needs no words directed to it, needs no attention, it only needs code to crunch. It is our silent hero.

COME ON GUYS, A HURRAH FOR BYOND!
    eliteixhitman
    eliteixhitman

Post  eliteixhitman Thu Apr 05, 2012 10:10 am

I am trying to best to try and fix this! Any other coder can't do shit cuz it is my map, and its layout is in my head. Be patient, BYOND's engine is not very good when dealing with these things.
    RussianLord
    RussianLord

Post  RussianLord Thu Apr 05, 2012 4:56 pm

eliteixhitman wrote:I am trying to best to try and fix this! Any other coder can't do shit cuz it is my map, and its layout is in my head. Be patient, BYOND's engine is not very good when dealing with these things.

When will it be done?
    Engine is glitchy as fuck. Seal_o10
    _jesterk3

Post  _jesterk3 Fri May 25, 2012 10:32 pm

eliteixhitman wrote:Any other coder can't do shit cuz it is my map, and its layout is in my head.

are you chris chandler

because i'm pretty sure he said something exactly like that

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 6:03 am